In this week’s Follow Friday, the voice behind one of our favorite label’s Twitter account, Elizabeth and James.
Twitter Name: @ElizandJames
Real Name: Elizabeth and James (wink)
Occupation: PR/Marketing Coordinator
* Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen (obviously). They are creative geniuses!
* Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler. The PS1 bag, enough said.
* Karl Lagerfeld. Everything the Kaiser touches turns to gold. He has his own namesake brand of Coca-Cola and is creating a “fashion island” off Dubai. I mean, come on…
Last Purchase: A vintage Fendi portfolio to use as a giant daytime clutch.
Next Purchase: Most likely an impulsively purchased pair of shoes. I’m feeling animal prints right now. We have a chiffon cheetah-print bootie from Elizabeth and James that’s hitting soon. They are really, really good.
Song/Album on Repeat Right Now: The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac
TV/Movie Guilty Pleasure: Clueless. Fifteen years later and it’s still so quotable. “Say Ambular, was that you going through my laundry?” I see Mr. Hall (Wallace Shawn) around NYC all the time—always a highlight.
Style Crush: Marie Claire Style and Accessories Director Taylor Tomasi-Hill manages the perfect balance of polish and intrigue, not to mention her accessories are always to die for.
Your Style in 3 Words or Less: Black. Major footwear.
When you’re not tweeting you’re: Yoga-ing, searching for the next great vintage find, trying new brunch spots, #nowplaying, online shopping, thinking about tweeting—and generating lots of Elizabeth and James press.
About Elizabeth and James’s Picks:
(1) Bell-bottoms are so now, plus they make your legs look long and lean. This dark wash is super-flattering. TEXTILE Elizabeth and James - Jimi Bell Bottom Jeans
(2) These are the perfect non-boring knee-high socks for my Dazed and Confused senior Halloween costume. Marc by Marc Jacobs - Za Za Chevron Knee Socks
(3) I wear the sample around the office so I should probably just cave and get it. Mixing silver and gold jewelry is effortlessly cool, plus the shape is so unique on the hand. Elizabeth and James - Scallop Ring