This week, Shopbop’s event planner, Ashley, shares her top five tips for a flawless holiday party.
1. As you make the party rounds this month, always remember to arrive with a gift for your hostess. A book is always on the top of my list to give—everyone loves them! You can’t go wrong with two of my favorites, Kelly Wearstler: Rhapsody and The Selby Is in Your Place.
2. Don't be afraid to make a bold fashion statement—sequins, bright colors, and daring silhouettes are all welcome this time of year. Check out our top picks for holiday looks here.
3. A hot toddy is the perfect cocktail to keep out the cold, and it always reminds me of the holidays Try the recipe below. And for a bigger crowd, triple the recipe and serve the Hot Toddies mini-style in a dainty serving set.
6 oz. hot water 1 1/2 oz. whiskey or bourbon (I'm a big fan of Hudson Whiskey)
1 tsp. of cloves
1/2 tsp. of honey
1 cinnamon stick (for stirring)
Mix all ingredients in a cup and garnish with another lemon wedge.
4. An affogato is a great post-cocktail treat. It’s so simple to make—just one small scoop of vanilla ice cream or gelato topped with a shot of hot espresso. Add a little glamour to the presentation by passing them out on an eye-catching metal tray, served with a ginger cookie from the Smitten Kitchen.
5. If you're hosting your own event, a fab holiday playlist is a must. Check out the Shopbop Holiday Playlist on Spotify: