The best fashion requires a bit of courage, but some things take a little more guts than others. I’m daring you to take a step in the bolder direction and try one of these five trends in your fall wardrobe.
1. Pair bright colors with other bright colors. Take a leaf out of fall’s book (see what I did there?) and wear one bold color with another. Try pairing poppy with cobalt, and topping them both off with some emerald accessories.
Pair something bright and structured, like this McQ – Alexander McQueen moto jacket, with an equally bold yet feminine Preen by Thornton Bregazzi pleated dress. Finish the look with Acne Studios sandals and a Rochas leather tote in deep green, and you are ready for fall.
2. Wear your cutest socks with your smartest shoes. Frilly socks and heeled pumps are feminine on their own, but when paired together they can take a statement outfit to a whole new level.
Adorable Loeffler Randal pumps in black and leopard contrast well with pastels and full skirts, creating a look that is unabashedly feminine.
3. Don a ball gown with denim for everyday. Seriously. Just try it. Instead of saying “But I would have nowhere to wear that,” wear it wherever you want. Remember how you felt in that prom dress or wedding gown? You can feel that way again.
Is this not the most daring–yet satisfying–combo? A Notte by Marchesa strapless ball gown takes on a more comfortable vibe when paired with denim.
4. Glam it up… for brunch. Ok. Maybe a ball gown isn’t doable for you. But that doesn’t mean you can’t sparkle! Pair that sequined top with statement earrings even if you are just going for pancakes with the girls. You will feel like a million bucks–and they will be jealous that you had the guts to do it.
Brunch is that much better when glitter is involved. Metallic The Blonde Salad x Steve Madden sneakers, a beaded 3.1 Phillip Lim top, and a full Alice + Olivia skirt might just outdo those pancakes.
5. Add a hat. It sounds so simple, but many a girl has agonized over the styling of an excellent hat. Pop a hat on top of those gorgeous locks and strut your stuff. Hats give off a blazing aura of confidence.
Nothing pulls an outfit together like a well-chosen hat. A black fedora tops off a powder blue Tibi coat and pencil skirt to perfection.
FOLLOW: Google+ | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest