New Year’s Eve is set to wrap up 2012 with sparkle, champagne, resolutions, and hot party dresses. And since it’s just a few days away, we asked our in-house makeup expert for her top two looks for the year-ending night.
Hair and makeup by Kendra Gassner.
BARE EYE/BOLD LIP
1. In a hue close to the color of your skin tone, pat a light foundation or shadow onto the eye area.
2. Line the lower rim with a peach liner to brighten the eyes even more.
3. Add two coats of mascara to the upper lashes, keeping most of the product close to the lash line. Keep the lower lashes bare.
4. Add a bit of blush and a hint of highlighter to the tops of the cheekbones for a subtle, healthy glow.
6. Finish with a bold lip color that accents your look.
CASUAL SMOKY EYE
1. Apply a light amount of brown or charcoal shadow on the eyelid and under the lower lashes.
2. Line the lashes with a black or brown liner and smudge to create a blended look.
3. Apply two coats of mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
4. Brush a bit of highlighter over the tops of the cheekbones and a touch of color on the apples of the cheeks.
5. Pick a lip stain in a shade that enhances your natural lip color without overwhelming the bold eye.