The best fashion requires a bit of courage, but some things take a little more guts than others. I’m daring you to take a step in the bolder direction and try one of these five trends in your fall wardrobe.
1. Pair bright colors with other bright colors. Take a leaf out of fall’s book (see what I did there?) and wear one bold color with another. Try pairing poppy with cobalt, and topping them both off with some emerald accessories.
Pair something bright and structured, like this McQ – Alexander McQueen moto jacket, with an equally bold yet feminine Preen by Thornton Bregazzi pleated dress. Finish the look with Acne Studios sandals and a Rochas leather tote in deep green, and you are ready for fall.
2. Wear your cutest socks with your smartest shoes. Frilly socks and heeled pumps are feminine on their own, but when paired together they can take a statement outfit to a whole new level.
3. Don a ball gown with denim for everyday. Seriously. Just try it. Instead of saying “But I would have nowhere to wear that,” wear it wherever you want. Remember how you felt in that prom dress or wedding gown? You can feel that way again.
4. Glam it up… for brunch. Ok. Maybe a ball gown isn’t doable for you. But that doesn’t mean you can’t sparkle! Pair that sequined top with statement earrings even if you are just going for pancakes with the girls. You will feel like a million bucks–and they will be jealous that you had the guts to do it.
5. Add a hat. It sounds so simple, but many a girl has agonized over the styling of an excellent hat. Pop a hat on top of those gorgeous locks and strut your stuff. Hats give off a blazing aura of confidence.