« First Fashion: Seeing Red | Main | First Fashion: Vintage Nostalgia »

Tuesday, August 31st 2010

Labor Day Apparel: Everybody’s Packing for the Weekend

08_31_10_laborday 

Going somewhere this weekend?  Whether it’s a BBQ, a pool party, or the World’s Largest Brat Fest, 90% of the fun is just being there. And the other 10% is looking good while doing it. Here’s a style checklist to ensure that you reach your full enjoyment potential:

(1) The sun is up, there’s a pleasant breeze, and someone suggests a game. What can you wear that is both adorable and suitable for playing anything from croquet to flag football? A romper by Rag & Bone/JEAN. Check.

(2) That was a great game, but, blazes, it got hot. Let’s all change and then get some lunch, maybe even a few drinks. You’ll need a frock that’s elegant yet relaxed. The Flower Garden Dress by Free People. Check.

(3) Hey, the sun’s starting to set, but there’s going to be a bonfire to keep this party rolling. A light sweater to ward off both the evening chill and buzzing mosquitoes is mandatory. Plastic Island Remix Sheer Panel Pullover. Check.

(4) Next Tuesday, when you are back to work but, really, just updating your Facebook, bask in all the wardrobe compliments you receive. Check and double check.

--Jason

© 1999-2014 shopbop.com. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy Conditions of Use
 
 
 

More